You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2014-07-01 19:35:15

Dsiman654

How to continue recording a movie where you left off earlier?

Hello, I'm very new to this so I don't know much about how to use it. I started making a recording last night, but had to stop. Today when I tried loading the movie so I could continue to edit it, it just played the movie and then I could continue to play after it finished, which is normal. But when I kept playing it didn't keep recording, so when I played the movie back again it stopped at the same place as before. I made sure to play it in Read+Write mode so I'd think it would keep recording after it finished playing, but it didn't. I can't find an "edit movie" or "continue movie" option anywhere. Do I have to make a new movie every time or something? And if so can I combine them somehow?

#2 2014-07-01 22:25:23

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: How to continue recording a movie where you left off earlier?

make a savestate at the end of your movie before it stops. then load that state with the movie loaded to resume recording. I dont know why it works that way, it confuses me too, but im sure theres a complicated reason. visit tasvideos.org with support with rerecording.

#3 2014-07-02 04:53:21

Dsiman654

zeromus wrote:

make a savestate at the end of your movie before it stops. then load that state with the movie loaded to resume recording. I dont know why it works that way, it confuses me too, but im sure theres a complicated reason. visit tasvideos.org with support with rerecording.

Thanks, but it didn't really work... I tried doing that, and I continued playing after loading that state while the movie was loaded like you said. I then played back the movie and I saw that it had more frames than before which was a good sign. But as soon as the movie got to where it had ended previously, the game just restarted, even though it still said it was playing back the movie. But I never restarted the game. Also since I have display input on, I noticed that it had recorded my input, and it was doing that input while the game was restarting.

#4 2014-07-02 06:04:38

zeromus
Radical Ninja

thats not normal. people use this function all the time. go get help on tasvideos.org.

Board footer