You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2014-03-30 23:28:45

quhab

Nintendogs Naming

I'm trying to use Nintendogs: Lab and Friends but keep getting stuck when I try to name my puppy. I have tried everything: all the mic config selections, downloading programs that either save or convert a file into an 8 bit mono pcm, plugging in alternate microphones, recording sound and trying to put it into the game, and nothing has worked. When I try to put in a sound sample, it always says the sample is unreadable and that it's not in the right format, even though I used Audacity to save it in the format. When trying to use the microphone on my PC, my puppy hears me but never learns her name (I say it again and again), or doesn't understand. Does anyone know of anything else I can try? I'm desperate.
I have the latest version of Desmume and Nintendogs.

#2 2014-03-31 04:59:07

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Nintendogs Naming

I just created an 8bit mono PCM file in audacity 1.3. It worked in desmume 0.9.9.

When using the microphone on your PC, the odds of success are very, very low. The desmume microphone support is flaky. It's best to use samples. When playing back the sound, make sure you keep the mic key held down.

Board footer